Andrei Sharonov joined the SKOLKOVO Business School team in September 2013. Prior to this, he served as Deputy Mayor in the Moscow Government for economic policy. In 2013 was appointed Dean of SKOLKOVO Business School and in September 2016 he was elected President of the Business School.
Mr. Sharonov was born in Ufa in 1964. He graduated from Ufa State Aviation Technical University and the Russian Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation; holds a Ph.D. in sociological science. From 1989-1991 Mr. Sharonov was People’s Deputy of the USSR, and until 1996 was Chairman of the State Committee of the Russian Federation for Youth Affairs. Between 1996 and 2007 he served in the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation as department head, deputy minister and state secretary. From 2007 through 2010 Mr. Sharonov was managing director and chairman of the Board of Directors of Troika Dialog Investment Company, and headed the investment banking business.
By directive of the Moscow Mayor dated 22 December 2010, Mr. Sharonov was appointed Deputy Mayor in the Moscow Government for Economic Policy, Chairman of Regional Energy Commission. Mr. Sharonov headed the Executive Committees of Moscow Urban Forum and Open Innovations Forum. Mr. Sharonov was awarded the Aristos prize for “Independent Director” in 2009, the national award “Director of the Year – 2009” for “Independent Director” and the international award “Person of the Year – 2012” for “Business Reputation”. He also received special award for personal contribution to the development of corporate management in 2016 from the Independent Directors Association and the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs.
Mr. Sharonov was awarded the Order of Honour and is an Honoured Economist of the Russian Federation. He also received President's Letters of Gratitude in 2003, 2008 and 2018.
- 2019 - Executive coaching for the development of leaders, top teams and organizations, Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO.
- 2017 - Certificate, INSEAD, Leadership Excellence through Awareness and Practice Program.
- 1997 - Certificate, Civil Service College, Human Resourse Management Program;
- 1996 - Lawyer, Russian Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation
- 1986 - Electro-mechanical engineer, Ufa Aviation Technical University.
- 2020 - Present – member of the Board (since 01\2021) Non-commercial organization Foundation for Development of the Center for Elaboration and Commercialization of New Technologies (Skolkovo Foudation). Chairman of Remuneration and Human Resources Committee.
- 2020 - Present – member of the Board of Directors PJSC «Rosseti». Member of Remuneration and Human Resources Committee.
- 2019 – Present - member of the Board of Directors (Independent non-executive director) En+ Group. Member of Audit and Risk Committee, Chairman of Nominations Committee.
- 2018 – Present – Chairman of the Board of Directors JSC «Medicina»
- 2017 – Present - member of the Board of Directors PJSC PhosAgro, independent director. Member of Audit Committee, Remuneration and Human Resources Committee, Sustainable Development Committee.
- 2014 – Present - member of the Board of Directors (Independent non-executive director) PJSC Sovkomflot. Member of Strategy committee, member of Human Resources and remuneration committee, Chairman of Audit Committee.
- 2014 - Chairman of the Board of Directors NefteTransService LLC.